Effective Date: January 14, 2020
ARTICLE 1 – DEFINITIONS:
- DATA CONTROLLER: Data Controller is the publisher, owner and operator of the Mobile App and is the Party responsible for the collection of information described herein. Data Controller shall be referred to either by Data Controller’s name or “Data Controller,” as listed above. If Data Controller or Data Controller’s property shall be referred to through first person pronouns, it shall be through the use of the following: us, we, our, ours, etc.
- SERVICES: “Services” means any services that we make available on Mobile App.
- PERSONAL DATA: “Personal DATA” means personal data and information that we obtain from you in connection with your use of Mobile App which is capable of identifying you in any manner.
ARTICLE 2- GENERAL INFORMATION:
We are committed to the protection of your privacy while you use our Mobile App.
ARTICLE 3- CONTACT AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The Party responsible for the processing of your personal data is as follows: DeEye, Inc. The Data Controller may be contacted as follows: email@example.com
The Data Controller and operator of the Mobile App are one and the same.
ARTICLE 4 – LOCATION:
Please be advised the data processing activities takes place in the USA
Data may also be transferred to agencies and companies across the globe as requested, but will only be done so in a manner that complies within the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR.
Our services our designed to provide real-time notifications of incidents occurring near you. We can only provide these services in certain areas, so if you are located outside of any of those areas the services may not work for you.
We take protecting your location data seriously. We need accurate real-time location data to alert you of any emergencies, but we lower the accuracy of historical location data where possible.
ARTICLE 5- MODIFICATIONS AND REVISIONS:
ARTICLE 6- THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE FROM YOU:
Depending on how you use our Mobile App, you will subject to different types of Personal Data collected and different manners of collection:
- Registered Users: You, as a user of the Mobile App, may be asked to register in order to use the Mobile App.
During the process of registration we will collect some of the following personal information from you through the voluntary disclosure:
Personal Data may be asked for in relation to:
- Interaction with our representatives in any way
- Receiving notification by text messages or email about marketing
- Receiving general email from us.
- Commenting on our content or other user-generated content of our Mobile App, such as blogs, articles, photographs or videos, or participating in our forums, or other similar features.
- Unregistered Users: If you are passive user of the Mobile App and do not register for any service, you may still be subject to certain passive data collection (“Passive Data Collection”). Such Passive Data Collection may include through cookies, as described below, IP address information, location information, and certain browser data such as history and/or session information.
- All users: The passive data collection which applies to unregistered users shall also apply to all other users and/or visitors of our Mobile App.
- Related Entities: We may share your Personal Data, including personal data that identifies you personally, with any of our parent companies, subsidiary companies, affiliates or other trusted related entities.
- Email Marketing: You may be asked to provide certain Personal Data, such as your name and email address, for the purpose of receiving email marketing communications. This Information will only be obtained through your voluntary disclosure and you will be asked to affirmatively opt-in to email marketing communications.
- User Experience: From time to time we may request information from you to assist us in improving our Mobile Application such as demographic information or your particular preferences.
- Content Interaction: Our Mobile App may allow you to comment on the content we provide or the content that the user provide, such as blogs, multimedia or forum posts. If so, we may collect some Personal Data from you at that time, such as, but not limited to , username or email address.
- Combined or Aggregated Information: We may combine or aggregate some of your Personal Data in order to better serve you and to better enhance and update our Mobile App for your and consumers’ use.
We may also share such aggregated information with others, but only if that aggregated information does not contain any Personal Data.
- i) We generally limit access to a small subset of the engineering team. We have specific systems to control data access, and all access is logged and regularly audited. We perform a privacy review for all new features.
- j) We test the stability and security of our infrastructure, including yearly penetration testing and review of our security systems and their configuration. We have never had our systems compromised.
- k) If you use DeEye app to capture a video or other content, we collect that content and additional information about the content and the device you used (like the metadata associated with the content, unique device identifier, wireless network, etc.)
ARTICLE 7- THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE AUTOMATICALLY:
Cookies: We may collect information from you through automatic tracking system( such as information about your browsing preferences) as well as through information that you volunteer to us( such as information you provide during registration process or at other times while using the Mobile App, as prescribed above).
A cookie consists of a reduced set of data transferred to your browser from a web server and it can only be read by the server that made the transfer. This is not executable code and does not transmit viruses.
ARTICLE 8 – THIRD PARTIES:
We may utilize third party service providers, from time to time or all the time, to help us with our Mobile App, and to help us with our Mobile App and to help serve you.
We may use Third Party Service Provider to assist with information storage(such as cloud storage).
We may provide some of your Personal Data to Third Party Service Providers in order to help us track usage data, such as referral websites, dates and times of page requests, etc. We use this information to understand patterns of usage of, and to improve, the mobile app.
We may use Third Party Service Providers to host the Mobile App. In that instance, The Third Party Service Provider will have access to your Personal Data.
We may use Third Party Service Providers to fulfill order in relation to the Mobile App.
ARTICLE 9- HOW PERSONAL DATA IS STORED:
We use secure physical and digital systems to store your Personal Data when appropriate. We ensure that your Personal Data is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction.
Please note, however, that no system involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, is completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of your Personal Data very seriously. We take all the reasonable steps to protect your personal data.
Personal Data is stored throughout your relationship with us. We delete your Personal Data upon request for cancellation of your account or other general request for deletion of data.
In the event of a breach of personal data, you will be notifies in a reasonable time frame, but in no event later than two weeks, and we will follow all applicable laws regarding such breach.
ARTICLE 10- PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA:
We primarily use your Personal Data to help us provide a better experience for you on your Mobile App and to provide you the services and/or information you may have re quested, such as use of our Mobile App.
Information that does not identify you personally, but that may assist in providing us broad overviews of our customer base, will be used for market research or marketing efforts. Such information may include, but is not limited to, interests based on your cookies.
Personal Data that may be considered identifying may be used in the following:
- Improving your personal user experience.
- Communicating with you about your user account with us
- Marketing and advertising to you, including via email
- Advising you about updates to the Mobile App or related Items
ARTICLE 11- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA:
Although our policy to maintain the privacy of your personal Data as described herein, we may disclose your Personal Data if we believe that it is reasonable to do so in certain cases, in our sole and exclusive discretion. Such cases may include, but are not limited to:
- To satisfy any local, state or Federal Laws or regulations
- To respond to requests, such as discovery, criminal, civil or Administrative process, court orders , or writs from law enforcement or other governmental or legal bodies
- As may be necessary for the operation of our Mobile App
- To generally cooperate with any lawful investigation about our users
- If suspect any fraudulent activity on our Mobile App or if we have noticed any activity which may violate our terms or other applicable rules.
- We share videos posted publicly on DeEye platform to news outlets in select circumstances. We do not sell these videos, and our users retain the rights to redistribute videos they create.
ARTICLE 12 – CHILD ACCESS
We May collect information from children as well as allow and encourage children to visit our Mobile App.
We do not allow children to make their Personal Data publicly available.
Information collected from children in accordance with this clause is collected to help us enhance all user experiences and to improve our Mobile App.
We do not require children to disclose any further information than is reasonable necessary to interact with our Mobile App.
Parents or Guardians of minor children may review the personal data of their child and have it deleted at their request. They may also agree to collection and use of information, without consenting to disclosure to any other party. They may also refuse to permit any further collection or use of such information by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
ARTICLE 13 – PUBLIC INFORMATION:
We may allow users to post their own content or information publicly on our Mobile App. Such content or information may include, but is not limited to, photographs, status updates, blogs, articles, or other personal snippets. Please be aware that any such information or content that you may post should be considered entirely public and that we do not purport to maintain the privacy of such public information.
ARTICLE 14 – OPTING OUT OF TRANSMITTAL FROM US:
From time to time, we may send you informational or marketing communications related to our Mobile App such as announcements or other information. If you wish to opt-out of such communications, you may contact the following email: email@example.com. You may also click the opt-out link which will be provided at the bottom of any and all such communications.
Please be advised that even though you may opt-out of such communications, you may still receive information from us that is specifically about your use of our Mobile App or about your account with us.
By providing any Personal Data to us, or by using our Mobile App in any manner, you have created a commercial relationship with us. As such, you agree that any email sent from us or any third party affiliates, even unsolicited email, shall specifically not be considered SPAM. as that term is legally defined.
ARTICLE 15 – MODIFYING, DELETING, AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION:
If you wish to modify or delete any information we may have about you,or you wish to simply access any information we have about you, you may do so from your account setting page.
ARTICLE 16- ACCEPTANCE OF RISK:
ARTICLE 17- YOUR RIGHTS:
You have many rights in relation to your Personal Data, Specifically, your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed about the Processing of your personal data
- the right to have access to your personal Data
- the right to update and/or correct your Personal Data
- the right to portability of your Personal Data
- the right to oppose or limit the processing of your Personal Data
- the right to request that we stop processing and delete your Personal Data
- the right to block any Personal Data processing in violation of any applicable law
- the right to launch a complaint with the applicable data protection authority in another jurisdiction.
ARTICLE 18- CONTACT INFORMATION: